|Unicorns! Unicorns are everywhere! Is this a sign?|
|Get to know INFORMATION DESIRED in 7 minutes|
INFORMATION DESIRED doesn’t deal with ad campaigns that only affect a consumer for a moment. Our goal is to create long-term interest in a business owner's services online. The money we invest brings the business owner profit that is 10, 50 or even 100 times higher than the costs. And we cover the costs. The business owner doesn't have to pay anything if he doesn’t think it’s worth it. He only takes the profit.
We write a lot about what cooperation with INFORMATION DESIRED is based on when a business owner becomes our investee. We write a lot about what INFORMATION DESIRED’s philosophy of action is based on and how we work with our investees. But we thought that we would like to show you all this with a specific example. See how a website is built from scratch.
Two weeks have passed since we announced our contest, with $10,000 up for grabs. And nothing. Our telephones are quiet, our e-mail inbox isn't overflowing, and all’s quiet on Facebook, where we announced this contest. This really puts us in a good mood, and not just because those $10,000 are still snug in our pocket.
Where do these clients come from? After all, they don’t grow on trees. We don’t dig them up from under the earth. If we say that our activities bring throngs of new clients to an Investee that means that we pull these clients from out of the market. Because they are already present on this market. The question is, who will “rake them in” from the pool – you or your competition? INFORMATION DESIRED will give you the biggest piece of the pie.
Have you noticed? Once again, we have changed for you. For you, or maybe more for those who are visiting the INFORMATION DESIRED website for the first time. All of this is so that it is even easier to understand what INFORMATION DESIRED does. Without reading long essays but rather at a first glance.
INFORMATION DESIRED invests in business owners’ websites. This means that we take the entire risk upon ourselves, bear the cost of creating a www page for the business owner and finance its management for up to 12 months. And since we bear the risk, we have to believe that the project will be successful, meaning that it will bring the business owner throngs of new, valuable customers and additional profit.
But our philosophy of action isn't right for everyone. There are types of companies for which we don’t work, in which we don’t invest. Why? Because certain business segments should undertake other marketing activities, which we do not deal with, like promoting products that have already been manufactured and are lying in a warehouse, which is why they must be advertsied as broadly as possible to reach potential consumers. We don't do advertising.
INFORMATION DESIRED invests in the websites of businesses:
1. that offer services or possibly products that are made-to-order – not mass produced, but with individual features depending on the customer’s expectations;
2. where manufacturing is linked to adapting the product to the customer’s needs and arranging specifications with the customer;
3. where the customer can provide the business with specifications independently or define his expectations beforehand;
4. where ready products are not lying on shelves or waiting in warehouses to be released;
5. where the process of production or rendering a service requires time;
6. where the process of rendering a service is divided into stages;
7. where the service process consists of: creation, designing, construction, assembly, repair, etc.
8. where the product is linked to additional services that the business may render;
9. where the service process is rendered manually, requires skills or machinery;
10. that have unique expert knowledge or technology;
11. where one or more people employed by the business are engaged in the service process;
12. the price of the service/product may consist of multiple elements and be dependent on multiple component costs.
It doesn’t matter whether a service or product is intended for a consumer or a company! What’s important is how complicated and time-consuming the process of creating a product or rendering a service is.
Not all of the conditions above must be met simultaneously. But it’s also not enough for a business to meet only one of the above conditions for INFORMATION DESIRED to invest in its website. The world isn’t black and white, not everything can be easily categorized, and we also don’t want to work like that. These 12 rules are just guidelines describing the businesses that we support. INFORMATION DESIRED’s Investment Committee always makes the final decision about whether to invest in the website of a given business after first taking a careful look at the company that wants to collaborate with us.
But we are interested not only in businesses that sell products/services with a high price, such as house construction or furniture design. INFORMATION DESIRED investees can also be: auto repair shops, printing houses filling atypical orders and any other service companies where rendering of a service requires a time commitment from both parties – the business and the customer – for specifying requirements and the product or service.